Sunday, August 15, 2010

A requested day off...umm, apparently off limits

   Well, last night was fun until I got sick! We went to BJ's. I got the Avocado Egg Rolls!! My absolute favorite. If you are ever by one, you have to try them. They have avocado's, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. They serve it with a teriayki type sauce, it really adds to the flavor. I paired it with a Jeremiah Red Ale. It was all so good. I was having so much fun. Then they brought out the ice cream brownie. I, of course, had to have a few bites. It was so delicious.
  Afterwards, we went to the Cactus Moon. We started off with a shot of Southern Comfort and Lime. Then we went for a Dos Equis. Both tasted good. About an hour into being there, and some fun dancing, it started to rain. They had the doors open, both the heat and humidity combined. It was like sitting in a hot sauna. I instantly didn't feel well. We decided to leave and the car ride made it worse! Lesson learned, no beer and ice cream.
  I woke up this morning and I felt great. Stayed an extra hour and got some visuals done. Got home and had a tiff with Thom, my boyfriend. We have been together for twelve years and have had a bumpy road. We have made it through so much. We can make it through anything! But we struggle with communication. Oh well :) 
  After relaxing most of the day, I started dinner. A big huge salad! (PIC posted with my phone :( Sorry I left my camera in my friends car. ) It was soo good. I added spinach, tomatoes, pine nuts, edamame, goji berries, cucumber, red onion and carrots. It the spot. After all the booze last night, I need something healthy.  I love cooking at home!

 I made Thom boiled chicken tacos with avocado. He has to eat the blandest food! I don't know how he does it! But with stomach issues like him, I have to cute with different knives than what I used on my salad. Poor guy!

  Tomorrow is Kayla's first day of 4th grade, at a new school! She is nervous and we have to wake up early. Then off to the U of A for my shot, pick up books and a package for childcare. Promise, to be back with pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment